University of Pavia's Foundation Year Program was founded in the 2018-2019 academic year and perfectly aligns with University of Pavia's distinctive internationalism.
Since its very inception, the Program, entirely carried out in Italian, set out to offer high-quality preparation and training to:
- Students who do not meet the minimum 12 years- of- schooling requirement, or other specific requirements, necessary for enrolling in an university degree program in Italy.
- Students who wish to pursue a degree program at University of Pavia
- Students who want to learn Italian or improve their Italian language proficiency
In the 2023/2024 academic year, the Program will offer :
- a 450-hour Italian language & Culture course,with different levels available, beginner to advanced (October 16, 2023 to June 21, 2024)
- Four courses, for a total of 300 hours of instruction,entirely delivered in Italian, in a study area selected by the student among Humanities, Science and Medicine, Social Sciences (from February 19, 2024 to June 21, 2024)
To successfully complete the courses students must:
- Meet the minimum attendance requirement (85%) in each course, that is, the Italian language course and the four courses specific to the study area selected
- Pass all the exams scheduled for each one of the selected course, (passing score = 18/30)
Learn about all the opportunities offered by the Foundation Year Program at the University of Pavia
Register on the portal and watch the course presentation now!