University of Pavia's Foundation Year Program was founded in the 2018-2019 academic year and perfectly aligns with University of Pavia's distinctive internationalism.
Since its foundation, the Program, entirely carried out in Italian, set out to offer high-quality preparation and training to:
- Students who do not meet the minimum schooling requirement of 12 years, or other specific requirements, necessary for enrolling in an university degree program in Italy.
- Students who wish to pursue a degree program at University of Pavia
- Students who want to learn Italian or improve their Italian language proficiency
In the 2024/2025 academic year, the Program will offer :
- a 400-hour Italian language & Culture course, available in different levels, from beginner to advanced (October 16, 2024 to June 28, 2025)
- Four courses, for a total of 300 hours of teaching, entirely delivered in Italian, in a study area selected by the student among Humanities, Science and Medicine, Social Sciences (from February 19, 2025 to June 28, 2025)
To successfully complete the courses students must:
- Meet the minimum attendance requirement (85%) in each course, that is, the Italian language course and the four specific courses of the selected study area.
- Pass all the exams scheduled for each one of the selected courses (passing score = 18/30).
Learn about all the opportunities offered by the Foundation Year Program at the University of Pavia
Register on the portal and watch the course presentation now!
Descubra todas las oportunidades que el Foundation Year Program de la Universidad de Pavía tiene para ofrecer! Vea ahora la presentación del curso.
Ve el webinar de presentación del Foundation Year por los estudiantes colombianos.