The Foundation Year is a preparatory course taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study and be exempted from the first year of University fee at the University of Pavia.
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test.
For the academic year 2022-2023, Italian and Area Studies courses will be held in person* in Pavia from October 2022 until June 2023.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
Students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
*In case of a negative evolution of the pandemic situation which could lead to restrictions on the in-presence activities, the courses will be held online, without any possibility of reimbursement or reduction of tuition fee.
The inability to attend the online lessons live due to the unfavorable time zone difference, will not allow any kind of reduction or refund. Applications for the a.y. 2022-2023 are open!
Applications for the a.y. 2022-2023 are open!
Enjoy the University of Pavia!
Join the University of Pavia!
Explore our 85 Undergraduate and Graduate programs, 37 Master's programs, 17 PhD programs
Living in Pavia
Discover our quiet and safe city in northern Italy, just 30 minutes by train from Milan, where every place is at walking distance.