The Foundation Year is a preparatory course taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
For the academic year 2021-22, you can choose among three available options:
- Foundation Year - residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in presence* in Pavia from October 2021 until June 2022
- Foundation Year - blended option: you will attend the intensive Italian course online from October 2021 until February 2022; then you will attend in presence* in Pavia the Italian language course and the area study preparatory courses from March until June 2022.
- Foundation Year - online option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies classes entirely online from October 2021 until June 2022.
*The in-person options will take place only if the sanitary conditions will be favorable and allow for in-person lessons. On the contrary, the program will be held entirely online, without any possibility of reimbursement or reductions of the tuition fees.
Applications for the a.y. 2021-22 are open!
Enjoy the University of Pavia!
Join the University of Pavia!
Explore our 85 Undergraduate and Graduate programs, 37 Master's programs, 17 PhD programs
Living in Pavia
Discover our quiet and safe city in northern Italy, just 30 minutes by train from Milan, where every place is at walking distance.