The Foundation Year is a preparatory course taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
For the academic year 2020-21, starting on October, 15 2020 and ending on June, 19 2021, you can choose between two available options:
- Foundation Year - residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in presence in Pavia from October 2020 until June 2021
- Foundation Year - blended option: you will attend the intensive Italian course online from October 2020 until February 2021; then you will attend in presence in Pavia the Italian language course and the area study preparatory courses from March until June 2021.
Enjoy the University of Pavia!
Join the University of Pavia!
Explore our 85 Undergraduate and Graduate programs, 37 Master's programs, 17 PhD programs
Living in Pavia
Discover our quiet and safe city in northern Italy, just 30 minutes by train from Milan, where every place is at walking distance.