Foundation Year – Blended Option
Foundation Year – blended option is structured as follows:
- 650 hours of intensive Italian language and Culture course ( several levels available: from beginner to advanced) from October until February attended ONLINE and from February to June IN-PERSON* in Pavia.
- 300 hours of Area Study courses IN-PERSON* in Pavia, from February until June.
- Italian: from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 13.30
- Area Study: from Monday to Friday from 14.30 to 19.00 ( Second semester only)
If you choose the Foundation Year – blended, you will attend the first part of the Italian language course from the October 18th 2021 until the end of February 2022 ONLINE and LIVE. You will be allowed to follow recorded classes only if you reside in an unfavourable time zone with respect to Italy.**
You will then attend IN-PERSON* in Pavia the second part of the Italian language course and the area study courses from the beginning of March 2022 until the June 17th 2022.
Students can choose one AREA STUDY among the following:
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Italian Literature
- Ancient and Medieval History
- SCIENCES AND MEDICINE
- ECONOMICS, LAW AND POLITICS
- Political science
- Contemporary History
- Italian courses will run from the 18th of October 2021 until June 17th 2022.
- Area study preparatory courses will run from the beginning of March 2022 until June 17th 2022.
* The in-person options will take place only if the sanitary conditions will be favorable and allow for in-person lessons. On the contrary, the program will be held entirely online, without any possibility of reimbursement or reductions of the tuition fees.
**The impossibility of attending live classes due to unfavorable time difference, will not allow any kind of reimbursement or reductions of the tuition fees.