Checklist for admitted students
Checklist for admitted students
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL
- Obtain the student visa for study in Italy.
- Arrange your accommodation. If you have not booked a room via our Accommodation office, arrange accommodation in Pavia before your arrival.
- Arrange your travel. Do not book your flight until you have obtained your visa. Airports with regular, direct rail or coach links to Pavia are Milano Malpensa, Milano Bergamo, Milano Linate airports. See How to get to Pavia
- Make arrangements to pay your tuition fees. The deadline for the payment of the second installment is 31st August 2020.
- Health insurance. Non-EU citizens are requested to take out private health insurance before leaving their home country and to obtain a consular declaration of its validity in Italy. In order to get the Residence Permit they are in fact required to be in possession of private Health Insurance for the entire duration of their stay in Italy. Alternatively, once in Pavia non-EU students who do not have such private health insurance policy can enroll with the National Health Service by paying a yearly fee (please note that it is valid until December 31st of the year in which it is subscribed) of around € 150. The subscription to the National Health Service offers a much wider range of services than private insurance Companies. They will be assigned a General Practitioner (Medico di Base) and the costs for medical treatments in general will be cheaper.
- Email email@example.com your arrival date, your address in Pavia, your study VISA, and the Declaration of Value of your study title by the 31th of August 2020 at the latest.
- Consider Pavia living costs to make a budget. Before you arrive you should look at the cost of living in Pavia and make your own budget. See Costs
ITEMS TO CARRY IN YOUR HAND LUGGAGE
- Passport with student visa and ID cards, if applicable
- Declaration of value of your Study Title
- European currency
- Travel insurance and personal insurance documents
- Evidence of your finances – a bank statement or sponsor’s letter
- The address of your accommodation in Pavia and a contact name and phone number in case of any problems or questions
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL
- Register at the Foundation Year office, via Sant’Agostino, 1b from Monday to Friday by appointment.
- Permit of stay (Non-EU citizens) – Once you arrive in Pavia you must apply for a permit of stay within 8 days by filling in the KIT at the International Students Help Desk located at the Police Station/Questura di Pavia in Via Rismondo, 68.
Tuesdays 9:00 – 12:00
Thursdays 10:00 – 12:00
Students should go to the International Students Help Desk and bring the following documents:
- Photocopy of all the pages of your passport (also blank pages)
- Photocopy of an insurance policy
- Photocopy of the enrollment document at the University
- 1 revenue stamp of € 16
After that, the student should take the KIT to the post office and send it to the immigration authorities. The postal fees and the sending will cost about € 140. The immigration authorities will contact the applicant and give an appointment at the Questura in Pavia.
3. Personal accident insurance (COMPULSORY) All foreign students at the University of Pavia are covered by a Third Party Liability Insurance which covers damages caused by the students while studying in the University buildings. Please note that the University of Pavia provides this Third Party Liability cover free of charge. All foreign students must also be covered by a Personal Accident insurance covering damages caused to him/her while studying at the University of Pavia. You must purchase it upon your arrival in Pavia, paying 3,69€ per year.
Check our International Handbook for practical information for international students!