Checklist for admitted students
Checklist for admitted students
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL
- Check carefully the rules for entering Italy
- Check the general pre-arrival rules for international students
- Obtain the Student Visa for studying in Italy through UNIVERSITALY. Find also more info here
- Find an accommodation. If you have not found a room via our Assistance Centre (email@example.com), try to find an accommodation in Pavia before your arrival.
- Organize your trip to Pavia. Do not book your flight until you have obtained your visa. Airports with regular trains or coaches directed to Pavia are Milano Malpensa, Milano Bergamo, Milano Linate airports. IMPORTANT: If you are subjected to mandatory self-isolation, it is forbidden for you to take public transportation. You must take private means of transportation, such as taxis.
- Make arrangements to pay your tuition fees. The deadline for the payment of the second installment is 30th September 2020, while for the third one is 15th October 2020.
- TAX CODE – Codice Fiscale
We have already requested it for you. You will receive by email it upon your arrival.
- Health insurance. Non-EU citizens must buy a private health insurance policy before leaving their home country and to obtain a consular declaration of its validity in Italy. In order to get the Permit of Stay, they are in fact required to be in possession of private Health Insurance for the entire duration of their stay in Italy. Alternatively, once in Pavia non-EU students who do not have such private health insurance policy can enroll with the National Health Service by paying a yearly fee (please note that it is valid until December 31st of the year in which it is subscribed) of around € 150. The subscription to the National Health Service offers a much wider range of services than private insurance Companies. They will be assigned a General Practitioner (Medico di Base) and the costs for medical treatments in general will be cheaper.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your arrival date, your flight ticket and your study VISA by the end of September, while your address in Pavia and the Declaration of Value of your study title by the 31st October 2020 at the latest.
- Consider Pavia living costs to make a budget. Before you arrive you should look at the cost of living in Pavia and make your own budget. See Costs
ITEMS TO CARRY IN YOUR HAND LUGGAGE
- Passport with student visa and ID cards, if applicable
- Declaration of Value of your Study Title
- European currency
- Travel insurance and personal insurance documents
- Evidence of your finances – a bank statement or sponsor’s letter
- The address of your accommodation in Pavia, a contact name and phone number in case of any problems or questions
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL
Permit of stay – Non-EU citizens staying in Italy for longer than three months need to apply for a permit of stay within 8 days of their arrival in Pavia. The cost for the application is about 140 Euro.
In order to do this, take the following documents to:
Help Desk for International Students at the Pavia Police Station (Questura di Pavia, Salone Immigrazione)
Via Rismondo, 68
Open Thursdays 9AM – 1PM by appointment only available from 21 Sept 2020: http://gopa.unipv.it (click on the helpdesk, fill a form and confirm your appointment).
Students in quarantine can start anticipating their documents to email@example.com, attaching their passport with the study visa or (in case of renewal) their permit of stay.
Get more detailed information here.
Personal accident insurance (COMPULSORY) All foreign students at the University of Pavia are covered by a Third-Party Liability Insurance which covers damages caused by the students while studying in the University buildings. Please note that the University of Pavia provides this Third-Party Liability cover free of charge. All foreign students must also be covered by a Personal Accident insurance covering damages caused to him/her while studying at the University of Pavia. You must purchase it upon your arrival in Pavia, paying 3,69€ per year.