Overview of the course
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course, taught in Italian, tailored to prospective students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
The course is designed for students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
The course is also meant for students interested in learning or improving their Italian language skills.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Pavia
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
The course includes both Italian language classes and courses from one of the following area study options (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
- 420 hours of Italian language and Culture course (three levels available: beginner, intermediate and advanced)
- 300 hours of 1 Area Study option taught in Italian
AREA STUDIES OPTIONS
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Italian Literature
- Ancient and Medieval History
2. SCIENCES AND MEDICINE
3. ECONOMICS, LAW AND POLITICS
- Political science
- Contemporary History