Overview of the course
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law and Politics.
For the academic year 2020-21, you can choose between two available options:
- Foundation Year – residential option: you will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in presence in Pavia from October 2020 until June 2021
- Foundation Year – blended option: you will attend the intensive Italian course online from October 2020 until February 2021; then you will attend in presence in Pavia the Italian language course and the area study preparatory courses from March until June 2021.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Pavia
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
Not decided yet? Learn more in the dedicated sections!