How do I apply?
Fill out the online application at https://apply.unipv.eu/
Which documents do I need to attach?
- – Transcript of records of the last secondary school year.
- – Copy of Passport.
- – Original version of the secondary school leaving qualification (or a photocopy according to the original version), officially translated into Italian, legalized (or with an “apostille”) together with its corresponding Declaration of Value (DV) issued and validated by the Italian authorities of the country of residence.
What do I have to do after having been accepted?
If you will be admitted, you will receive an admission letter via mail. Then you must present this admission letter to the Italian Embassy in your country for receiving a study visa.
I still don’t have one of the documents required for the application, can I still apply?
Yes, but you categorically need to provide us with a certain prove that you are waiting to receive that documents and bring them to us by the end of August 2020.
What will Foundation Year Program offer me?
The Foundation Year will provide intensive Italian language classes and preparation courses from one of the following Areas Studies:
- Medicine and Science;
- Economics, Law and Politics.
What will I get at the end of this program?
The Foundation Year will issue a certificate that will give you the possibility to achieve the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study at the University of Pavia and to be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test.
What are the tuition fees?
The fees for the Foundation Year at the University of Pavia is set for 6,500 EUR, due in two installments.
This fee includes:
- Tuition fees
- Third liability insurance
- Access to the University facilities (bus pass, canteen card, libraries, discounts)
What is the language of teaching?
Courses will be entirely held in Italian.
I do not speak Italian, will I be able to follow the classes?
Yes. The first part of the program includes 4 months of full immersion Italian classes, which will prepare you in view of the starting of Area Studies courses for the next semester. The Italian language course will also run from February until June.
How can I find an accommodation?
After having been accepted in the program, you will be helped by the Assistance center, that will help you find an accommodation in one of the University of Pavia Halls of residence.
What undergraduate programs will the University of Pavia offer me after the Foundation Year?
You can find your program here: http://wcm-3.unipv.it/site/en/home/study/find-your-programme.html